Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waiting, waiting, and oh yeah, more waiting....

I hate this waiting game. Nope. Don't like it one bit. Every time my phone rings I jump up thinking, "Is this it?!"

We have had one close call. We were almost placed with a two day old baby boy. We got the call about three weeks ago. They called and asked if we would accept the placement. Heck ya! But then they said that the county hadn't completely finished our paper work and clearing us yet, so they needed to call them and ask them to please finish our file as fast as they could because they wanted to place this little baby boy with us. Our agency said they would call us back as soon as they heard from the county.

Well, of course Nathan and I were super excited! This is what we had been hoping and waiting for! I couldn't think straight. I was so nervous and excited! I felt like I was a chicken with my head cut off, running around like a crazy person. :) We called our parents and all our siblings to let them know what was happening. Emily, my older sister, right away got all her baby boy clothes out and started washing them all.  I wanted to immediately go out and buy all the baby items I could!  

Nathan on the other hand was much more realistic and calm about it all. He wanted to wait until we heard back because it wasn't a done deal yet. I finally admitted he was right,  so we waited...

After a very very very long day and a half, which felt like 10 lifetimes, we finally heard back from our agency. They said they hadn't heard anything from the county, which most likely meant they had placed the baby with another family. My heart dropped. I thanked them for letting me know. They said they were sorry and they would call if anything else came up.

We then had to do the hard task of calling our families to let them know that it fell through. That was difficult. But I tried to stay positive and remember that if that little boy was supposed to come to our family, everything would have worked out. I just kept reminding myself of that over and over and over again.

Well, we are now completely certified. The county has finally finished all of our paperwork. Now we are in the waiting game. This part is really hard, the not knowing what will happen and when it will happen part. I just hope that I can have patience until that call comes. I pray every day that we can have patience and trust in our Heavenly Father's plan. And I look forward to the day when that little boy or girl comes to our family.

So until then, we will continue to wait...


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Someday, your little ones will be able to read about how much you wanted them. Meanwhile, it gives a whole nuther meaning to 'labor', huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and her husband have fostered 4 children..adopted the first three and the last little girl will be adopted in Feb. Hang in there girl. It's long road but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete